[Samba] Can't add users to well known groups...

Harry Jede walk2sun at arcor.de
Sat Sep 10 07:53:56 MDT 2011

On 15:48:09 wrote Linda Walsh:
> I created the well known group Domain Admins pointing to a local
> group, but I am not able to add users to the group -- it claims I
> can only add users to
> local or global groups...
>
> But I only see local, domain ,well-known, builtin.
>
> There are no global groups unless one would include all groups that
> are not local (i.e. domain, well-known, and builtin)....
>
> So why doesn't it want to let me add to my domain admins group when
> it is defined as a well known group (which it is, according to
> MS)...
Nobody may be able to answer your questions, if you dont give us some
background information!

something like:
which samba version
which sam, ldapsam or tdbsam
do you use winbind
your global section of samba conf
the commands you have used
which well knwon groups you have cureently

--

regards
	Harry Jede