[Samba] Windows 7 64 bits with Samba PDC (trust relationship problem)

Dirk Gouders gouders at et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de
Fri Sep 9 08:16:40 MDT 2011

> Is there someone to help me with this issue?
>
> Thanks and best regards!
>

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Daniel Lopes de Carvalho <
> dlcarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to know if anyone has success in making 64-bit Windows Seven
>> work with a Samba PDC without any problems?

I was not answering to your question, because I tested that with Samba
3.6.0, not 3.5.6.  Anyway, with a fresh install of Win7 everything
worked fine here.

[SNIP]

>> The Windows Seven usually join to the domain, create the LDAP account, but
>> an error occurs intermittently. Sometimes when I try to log into the domain,
>> an error message appears saying failure of trust relationship.
>>
>> It changed the NTLM and NTLMv2, etc., and the error persists. I noticed in
>> the Samba logs that sometimes the following message appears:
>>
>> _netr_ServerAuthenticate3: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting
>> auth request from client $ CLIENT CLIENT machine account

I also noticecd that log message but it seems to do no harm.

>> Usually after this message appears I can log into the domain, but before it
>> displays, it gives the error message of failure of trust relationship.

I had this problem after I was heavily playing with the Win7 client:
changing domain membership back and forth, adding, removing and
re-adding users (also with different uidNumbers).  Then, with some user
I got a message about a group policy client could not start, with some
user I got the message you mentioned above and with some users I still
could log in.

I'm not sure if Win7 caches such information but after I used a fresh
Win7 installation everything was OK without any change on the samba
side.

Dirk