[Samba] Clearcase, Samba, and mnode values

Kathy banshee135 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:14:48 MDT 2011

I agree with you there, that it's not very much memory consumed.  Even
over 12 hours (what it took to drag all the 32 GB down into swap), I
was not seeing any one or two processes consuming huge quantities of
memory,  Gdmgreeter and python (for Redhat updates) consumed more
memory than any smbd process, but they were pretty static.  This is
why I am not necessarily convinced Samba was the problem, but I also
do not know what is normal behavior for Clearcase in terms of memory
management.  And so far, IBM isn't sharing, either because the person
I'm working with doesn't know, or hasn't asked the right person.