[Samba] Setting specific path for home, netlogon and profile

jcdole at free.fr jcdole at free.fr
Wed Sep 7 04:18:57 MDT 2011

Hello.

I have tried every things but I can't make it work.

On the server
I want home for user FRED physically in /data/samba/home/FRED
I want profile for user FRED physically in /data/samba/profile/FRED/linux ( when connecting from his laptop under linux )
I want profile for user FRED physically in /data/samba/profile/FRED/WinXP ( when connecting from his laptop under windows XP )
I want netlogon for user FRED physically in /data/samba/netlogon/FRED/linux ( when connecting from his laptop under linux )
I want netlogon for user FRED physically in /data/samba/netlogon/FRED/WinXP ( when connecting from his laptop under windows XP )

I am using %$(OSTYPE) be"cause %a return samba and not linux. ( see previous thread today )

This part of my config files.

+++++++++++++
SMB.CONF
+++++++++++++
[Global]

logon script = %U.bat
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U\%$(OSTYPE)
logon drive = U:
logon home = \\%L\homes\%U\%$(OSTYPE)

[homes]
comment = Votre Repertoire home
path = /data_1/100_samba/sysvol/homes/%U/%$(OSTYPE)
read only = No
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
browseable = Yes

[profiles]
comment = Votre Profile itinerant
path = /data_1/100_samba/sysvol/profiles/%U/%$(OSTYPE)
read only = No
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
browseable = Yes

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service (Netlogon)
path = /data_1/100_samba/sysvol/netlogon/%U/%$(OSTYPE)
read only = No
browseable = Yes

SMBLDAP.CONF

userSmbHome=""