[Samba] Retrieving actual parameters from the client side and predict the parameters on the server side.

jcdole at free.fr jcdole at free.fr
Tue Sep 6 11:42:08 MDT 2011

Hello.

On a laptop ( running opensuse desktop 11.3 or windows XP via grub ) connected to a linux ( controled by an opensuse 11.3 server ) domain ( samba 3.5 configured as pdc ) how can I verify what parameter is used ( under linux [ I know how to get it under XP ]) :
What is the logon path in use ?
What is the logon drive in use ?
What is the logon home in use ?
What is the logon script ?

I know what I have put in smb.conf but I want to test on the linux server what parameters will be really used for user ( say FRED ) :
What shall be the logon path for user FRED ?
What shall be the logon drive for user FRED ?
What shall be the logon home for user FRED ?
What shall be the logon script for user FRED ?

Thank you for helping.