[Samba] Samba not accepting AD users

Bruno Martins bmomartins at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 03:41:07 MDT 2011

On 08/31/2011 06:57 PM, Dale Schroeder wrote:
> Bruno,
>
> This is not a valid option:
>
> idmap backend = 192.168.0.2
>
> The default is tdb, but there is also rid, ad, and ldap.
>
> Dale
>

> On 08/31/2011 5:57 AM, Bruno Martins wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>>
>> I am setting up a Debian-based file and print server and I am not
>> being able
>> to authenticate with AD credentials. I think the error message is this
>> one:
>> joe at sputnik:~$ tail /var/log/samba/log.__ffff_192.168.0.101
>> [2011/08/31 11:19:54.415130,  1]
>> smbd/sesssetup.c:454(reply_spnego_kerberos)
>>    Username GALILEU-F\bmartins is invalid on this system
>>
>> More information about the system:
>> joe at sputnik:~$ uname -r
>> 2.6.32-5-686
>>
>> joe at sputnik:~$ wbinfo -g
>> domain guests
>> domain users
>> domain computers
>> group policy creator owners
>> cert publishers
>> domain controllers
>> exchange domain servers
>> domain admins
>> (...)
>>
>> joe at sputnik:~$ wbinfo -u
>> SPUTNIK\nobody
>> SPUTNIK\root
>> a230w
>> sqlexecutivecmdexec
>> ghelpdesk
>> pbernardo
>> (...)
>>
>> My smb.conf:
>> http://pastebin.com/5vMg5X82
>>
>> ... and my krb5.conf:
>> http://pastebin.com/SE9Pmt0Y
>>
>> ... also my nsswitch.conf:
>> http://pastebin.com/psL9SksW
>>
>> Can anyone please help me?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Bruno Martins

Good morning,

I have changed that parameter to 'idmap backend = tdb' and even 'idmap
backend = ad' but didn't work.

I keep getting this error:
root at sputnik:/home/joe# smbclient -L //localhost -U bmartins
Enter bmartins's password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Also, 'testparm' doesn't show me that line, but that may be normal.

And, by the way, when I do a 'getent passwd', the output just show me
local users, not domain ones.

Best regards,

Bruno Martins