[Samba] NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED again sorry

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Oct 27 12:37:04 MDT 2011

Hi.
I've tried all the alternatives I cold find. When I
attempt to access a share on a linux client I get this error:

[2011/10/27 19:33:46.450093,  1] smbd/service.c:678(make_connection_snum)
  create_connection_server_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

I am accessing using kde and dolphin like this:

smb://hh1/steve2

hh1 is the domain and steve2 is an ldap user who can authenticate OK from
the command line and via kdm. The ldap server has the samba3.schema included.

When authenticating via samba, I type the username and password but the same
dialogue reappears again and again.

Can anyone help?

(the reason I'm trying this is because I have a liunx only lan but have some
win7 clients coming soon)

Opensuse 11.4.

Here is smb.conf:

[global]
add machine script = /sbin/yast /usr/share/YaST2/data/add_machine.ycp %m$
domain logons = Yes
domain master = Yes
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://127.0.0.1
ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=com
ldap group suffix = ou=group
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
ldap machine suffix = ou=Machines
ldap passwd sync = Yes
ldap ssl = No
ldap suffix = dc=com
ldap timeout = 5
ldap user suffix = ou=people
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1
workgroup = hh1
os level = 65
preferred master = Yes

[homes]