[Samba] Realtime virus scanning

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Wed Oct 26 10:01:00 MDT 2011

Hallo, Ian,

Du meintest am 26.10.11:

> I just came across an interesting question. Is there a way to do
> realtime virus scanning on samba 3.4.7 on ubuntu 10.04.

Maybe there is some way. But it may produce only virtual security.

In the last months I've tested many malware mail attachments, p.e. with
"http://jotti.org". About 4 hours after sending time perhaps only 10 of
the 20 scanners which "jotti.org" uses had found a virus, some scanners
needed more than 24 hours for updating their signature file.

When you use an online scanner than you can be sure it doesn't detect
really new malware - you have to use some other tool for searching such
malware.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut