[Samba] Realtime virus scanning

Ian Coetzee samba at iancoetzee.za.net
Wed Oct 26 01:58:34 MDT 2011

Hi guys,

I just came across an interesting question. Is there a way to do
realtime virus scanning on samba 3.4.7 on ubuntu 10.04.

I have found "scannedonly [1]" and "vscan [2]", but neither of them is
in the repositories meaning we will have to package them our selfs
which will become administrative nightmare.

Right now I am looking into inotify + clamAV, but before I start
redesigning the wheel, have any of you done this before? Am I missing
the boat totally? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Ian

[1] - http://olivier.sessink.nl/scannedonly/
[2] - http://www.openantivirus.org/projects.php