[Samba] Did not find a test named RAW-*

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 25 16:15:14 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 11:15 +0530, nishant mungse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing problem while running RAW tests. When i run following command, i
> get the error stating "Did not find a test named RAW-*".
>
> Command ::
>
> root at nishant-ThinkCentre-A85:/home/nishan# smbtorture //nishant/base
> -Uuser1%base_ubuntu RAW-*
> using seed 1319521290
> host=nishant share=base user=user1 myname=nishant-ThinkCentre-A85
> Did not find a test named RAW-*

To run the 'raw' smbtorture tests first build Samba4, and then run:

bin/smbtorture //nishant/base -Uuser1%base_ubuntu raw.*

We renamed the tests from RAW-* to raw.* a while ago.  My guess is that
the smbtorture binary you are currently running would be a very old one
from our Samba 3.x releases, which is not where most of our testsuite
development occurs.

Andrew Bartlett