[Samba] Unable to Join windows server 2008 R2 domain

Alexander Hines ahines9 at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 25 11:47:40 MDT 2011

I am trying to join a windows server 2008 R2 domain from a Solaris 10 Server. The Samba version is the Solaris v3.5.8.

I am able to successful get a ticket issued running kinit, and verified it with klist.

I receive the following error message when I try to join the domain running the following:

net ads join -S WPC.BLUEDEVIL12.COM

failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'WPC.BLUEDEVIL12.COM' over rpc: Logon Failure

my /etc/krb5/krb5.conf file looks like this

[libdefaults]
   default_realm = WPC.BLUEDEVIL12.COM

[realms]
    WPC.BLUEDEVIL12.COM = {
              kdc = wpcdc00.wpc.bluedevil12.com
}

my /etc/samba/smb.conf is the following:
[global]
    workgroup = WPC
    realm = WPC
    netbios name = pantheriua