[Samba] Permisson issue - unix permissions ignored

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Oct 25 04:39:25 MDT 2011

eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] Im
Auftrag von Zabel, Daniel
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2011 11:44
An: samba at lists.samba.org
Betreff: [Samba] Permisson issue - unix permissions ignored

Hi,

I have a share "dev". This share should be readable by all domain users.

Beneath this share, there is a folder "source " which should only
accessibly by developers.

This folder has unix permissions set to 770 (recursive) , owner is user
"build" and group is "develop".

Share setup is:

[dev]

        comment = Dev

        path = /export/dev

        valid users = @MYDOMAIN\domain-users

        force group = @MYDOMAIN\develop

        browseable = yes

        read only = no

        create mask = 0664

        directory mask = 0775

        access based share enum = yes

security in smb.conf is set to "security = ads".

If I connect to this share by a user that is member in "domain-user" and
NOT in "develop" I can read all files - also all files beneath "source".

Trying the same on a unix console with the user gives a "Permissions
denied"  like expected.

Why did samba ignores the unix file permissions on folder "source" ?

What setting could be wrong?

Cheers,

Daniel