[Samba] Samba for eComStation 2.0

Milan Rieder milan_rieder at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 06:19:00 MDT 2011

Gentlemen:

One of the three operating systems on my computer is eComStation 2.0, and it is connected to the
outer world by means ofa TCP/IP facility. This is activated by means of "File and Directory Connections
(Samba)". I have been through several generations of OS/2, so I know that system, but the Samba is a
new field for me.

After I fill in the rectangles, Samba takes two minutes to connect (it gets faster later on), and I can move

my files and folders back and forth. However, the connection times out after about 9 minutes,and it is
difficult to re-establish. This happens whether the connection is idle or busy, no difference. OK, I can (and
do)
 un-mount the opposite server after 8 minutes and renew the connection foranother 9 minutes ... and
so on and so forth. I looked at the various settings, but I did not find where and how tochange the timeout.
If the connection could be set to an hour, that would be much more to my taste. Could you please tell me
how to change this ?

Thanks & greetings,

Milan

Milan Rieder
Physics and Chemistry of Minerals, Editor
Mimonska 14 / 638
190 00 Praha 9 - Prosek
Czech Republic