[Samba] tattooing of tdbsam backend with logon script value

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Mon Oct 17 18:19:04 MDT 2011

On 07/08/11 00:23, Chris Smith wrote:
> Therefore said users, who have once had
> an explicitly defined "logon script" value can (seemingly) no longer
> returned to the state where they use whatever "logon script" is
> defined in smb.conf.
> Is there a way to reset said users, removing the tattooing effect?

No, as menthioned repeatly in this list:
  http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2011-June/163006.html
  http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2010-December/159763.html

I think this should be by design as well as Windows NT domain does.

> On 15:21:48 wrote Pat Emblen:
> > > pdbedit -S ""<user>
> >
> > Not here, it just sets an empty logon script, it doesn't default back
> > to the one in smb.conf.
> >
> > root at sheldon:/home/smb/netlogon# pdbedit -S "" talcom
(snip)

Do you use "old" passdb such as smbpasswd or ldapsam_compat?

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>