[Samba] ACL with ActiveDirectory at Groups

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri Oct 14 05:10:47 MDT 2011

Greetings,

MSOffice-file?

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen

Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] Im
Auftrag von alberto.atzori at ext.jrc.ec.europa.eu
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Oktober 2011 10:37
An: samba at lists.samba.org
Betreff: [Samba] ACL with ActiveDirectory at Groups

Dear All,

I'm new on this group.Greetings to all.
I have problem with this smb.conf share section
(I'm not samba admin, but I know this configuration)

smb.conf 3.5.8

###################
[AD-test-acl]
        comment = AD-test-acl
        path = /fs-e/AD/group/AD-test-acl
         read only = No
         create mask = 0770
         directory mask = 0770
         inherit permissions = Yes
         inherit acls = Yes
         browseable = No
         blocking locks = No
         delete readonly = Yes
         dos filetime resolution = Yes
         vfs objects = zfsacl
         nfs4:acedup = merge
         nfs4:chown = yes
         nfs4:mode = special
#####################

the issue are:

users network 1

     when trying to edit a file the user cannot save the file due to
incorrect permissions, however it seems that even though an error is
given the file is still saved.
     the file however then has readonly permission set and can no longer
be used. Removing the readonly permission (properties) sometimes results
in either the file being no longer visible (not always) or the file
being no longer readable (again not always) - seems to depend on the user?

users network 2

     when trying to edit a file the user cannot save the file due to
incorrect permissions, however a copy of the file is saved
     again the copy of the file is set to readonly and removing the
readonly property may result in the file becoming unusable (can no
longer open from net2) or no longer visible from net2.

do you have an idea to solve these problems?
thanks, darkyz