[Samba] Samba 3.6.0 compile errors in utils/net_idmap_check.c

Richard Loken richardlo at admin.athabascau.ca
Wed Oct 12 15:42:17 MDT 2011

Gday samba fans.

I am doing something no longer fashionable, I am compiling Samba 3.6.0 on
Tru64 Version 5.1A using the Compaq C compiler:

    Compaq C V6.4-014 on Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1A (Rev. 1885)
    Compiler Driver V6.4-215 (sys) cc Driver

I also tried gcc but I got a lot farther with DEC-C...  All the way to
utils/net_idmap_check.c where it says:

  Compiling utils/net_idmap_check.c
    cc: Info: utils/net_idmap_check.c,
        line 108: The use of a designation in an initializer
        list is a new feature in the C99 standard. (designatoruse)
                .invalid_record = (check_action) {
    ------------^

    cc: Error: utils/net_idmap_check.c,
        line 108: In the initializer for ret.invalid_record.fmt,
        "(check_action){...}" is of type "struct check_action",
        and cannot be converted to "pointer to const char". (noconvert)

Off hand I can't think of why I would want to convert a structure to a
pointer to a constant char but anyway.

What can be done to make this compile?

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn