[Samba] Samba 4 configuration trouble.

Arturo Limón arturo at susetic.com
Sat Oct 8 16:25:59 MDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a Samba 4 sever (Alpha 18) over Centos 6 32 bits. I have
followed directions in http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO

Everything has gone OK up to Step 9, Testing kerberos.

kinit administrator at PDC.IESMSANTILLANA.LAN

Returns (red color is mine, not from computer)...

kinit: Server not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
credentials

If I try ...

kinit administrator at IESMSANTILLANA.LAN

I get ...

kinit: Cannot resolve network address for KDC in realm "IESMSANTILLANA.LAN"
while getting initial credentials

In step 8 if I key ...

host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.pdc.iesmsantillana.lan

I get ...

_kerberos._udp.pdc.iesmsantillana.lan has SRV record 0 100 88
localhost.pdc.iesmsantillana.lan.

my /etc/krb5.conf looks:

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = IESMSANTILLANA.LAN
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = true

nmap localhost shows:

PORT     STATE SERVICE
25/tcp   open  smtp
53/tcp   open  domain
88/tcp   open  kerberos-sec
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
135/tcp  open  msrpc
139/tcp  open  netbios-ssn
389/tcp  open  ldap
445/tcp  open  microsoft-ds
464/tcp  open  kpasswd5
631/tcp  open  ipp
636/tcp  open  ldapssl
1024/tcp open  kdm
3268/tcp open  globalcatLDAP
3269/tcp open  globalcatLDAPssl

I am not an expert in Kerberos and I have no idea of what can be wrong, or
what can I have done wrong. Workstations cannot join domain; I get a "User
unknown / Password not found error message".

Any help will be greatly appreciated; I am very interested in having it
running.

Regards,

Arturo Limon