[Samba] Porting samba setup to backup server

Ken Findlay kjf at taylorbritt.com
Thu Oct 6 11:24:07 MDT 2011

I must set up a backup server for failover and have used tdbbackup to create backup files from the functioning primary server. I then copied the files to the backup server and used tdbbackup to restore all the databases, along with copying the smb.conf and other text files from /etc/samba. This does not seem to work and I was hoping someone could assist.
Primary server is RHEL 5.4 with Samba 3.3.8-0.52.el5_5.2, and the backup server is also RHEL 5.4 but has Samba 3.5.4-0.83.el5_7.2 (different version as used yum install samba3x months apart and different versions were installed from the RedHat repository).

Thanks for any help.
Ken