[Samba] [Re: Samba4 and sysvol share]

felix at epepm.cupet.cu felix at epepm.cupet.cu
Wed Oct 5 14:51:23 MDT 2011

> To see the content of sysvol from a Windows client I had to authenticate
> using a user of my new domain, but again when I checked the Security Tab
> in sysvol I saw that Everyone has special permissions, meaning Full
> Access.
>
> Does it have something to do with the filesystem support mentioned in the
> HowTo???

I found a temporary solution.
Once I have defined the Policies for my domain I edit smb.conf and change
read only to Yes in sysvol section, then restart samba. This way I ensure
nobody can modify sysvol content.

The main disadvantage is that if we need to make any modification to
policies, etc. we have to set back read only to No in sysvol section,
restart samba, and do the previous steps again after modifications.

Best regards,
Felix.