[Samba] Samba4 and sysvol share

felix at epepm.cupet.cu felix at epepm.cupet.cu
Mon Oct 3 12:52:09 MDT 2011

> Alright, here is update Felix.
>
> From a default install, at least on the server I set up,  sysvol is
Authenticated Users(read/execute), Domain Admins(all), System(all). It and
> all children.
>
> As you dive deeper into folder structure there are some more  added like
Enterprise Admins and so forth(will full privileges).  I believe Owner is
> also one as you get further down and it has no privileges set.
>
> Chris

Today I downloaded samba4 alpha 17 tar again.
I made a new virtual machine and I installed ntp 4.2.6, Bind9 9.8.0 and
Samba4 alpha 17 on Debian Lenny.

To see the content of sysvol from a Windows client I had to authenticate
using a user of my new domain, but again when I checked the Security Tab
in sysvol I saw that Everyone has special permissions, meaning Full
Access.

Does it have something to do with the filesystem support mentioned in the
HowTo???

Thanks in advance.
Felix.