[Samba] offline logon with AD

Steven Geerts steven.geerts at softathome.com
Tue Nov 29 02:18:58 MST 2011

Hi

yesterday I configured my laptop to login via AD usernames/passwords.
This was working finally with using the sadms.  Now I want to enable
login when the user is not connected to the network.  I found that you
need to enable "winbind offline logon = yes" in the smb.conf.  But
actually this is not working.

I'm using ubuntu 11.10 and whenever I logon via the desktop i get
password not correct and "no logon servers"

Anybody an idea on how to resolve this?

thanks

Steven Geerts
This message and any attachments herein are confidential, intended solely for the addressees and are SoftAtHome's ownership. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.