[Samba] Problem Compiling Samba 3.5.12

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:56:53 MST 2011

On 23 November 2011 01:54, Stephen Elliott <techweb at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am running slackware 8.0, 2.4.20 with GCC  2.95.3. I know it's ancient J
>

> I have previously successfully compiled 3.5.8 using the attached Makefile. I
> had to add "nodefs" to several lines in order to allow 3.5.8 to compile
> previously.
>

> However, when I use the same Makefile with 3.5.12, I end up with the
> following:
>

> Linking bin/smbd
>
> lib/util.o: In function `str_checksum':
>
> lib/util.o(.text+0x2da3): undefined reference to `jenkins_hash'
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1
>

> Any ideas???

Soon after 3.5.8 this patch added source3/lib/jenkins_hash.c:

https://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=e036bb52a747fb87083796e5526bf3f918eed814

You'll need to add that to your Makefile.

P.S.  This mailing list strips most attachments, so if you attached
your Makefile it did not make it through.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>