[Samba] VFS ACL modules - question to developers

adrian.berlin adrian.berlin at o2.pl
Wed Nov 23 05:15:46 MST 2011

Hi!

I have few question to developers of VFS ACL modules (acl_tdb and acl_xattr):
1. Do you plan to extend quantity of entries in acl_tdb (now I can write 22 user ACLs plus CREATOR OWNER, CREATOR GROUP, domain users and everyone)
2. Do you plan to fix few ACLs eg. Traverse folder / Execute file (to traverse I need to enable additional permission List folder / read data to traverse through folder), Read attributes seems to be always enabled, Read Extended Attributes seems to be always disabled, the same behaviour is with Write Attributes and Write Extended Attributes, Delete subfolder and files permission works only on files - I cannot remove subfolder.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

/Adrian Berlin