[Samba] Problem with 3.6 Samba

djamel boussebha dboussebha at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 23 02:54:48 MST 2011

Hi;

I have compiled and configured the version 3.6 of Samba on SLES 10.3 but when T try to started I have the following error :

#  /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd -D
/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libtalloc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This library exists into the source :
# ls libtalloc.so*
libtalloc.so  libtalloc.so.2  libtalloc.so.2.0.5

How resolve this problem ? where I must copy or create a link for this library ?
I don't know where are the *.so for Samba ?
# ls /usr/local/lib/
pkgconfig  valgrind

Q2 : how I must configured Samba to can start/stop via the command :
/etc/init.d/winbind start
/etc/init.d/winbind start
/etc/init.d/smb start

Regards;