[Samba] One single SAN, one LUN, two servers : CTDB ? GFS2 ?

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon Nov 21 03:36:53 MST 2011

Hi,

My Samba setup is getting nicer : Likewise-open is working fine, winbind
is stopped, ACLs are OK, file serving is going smoothly...

Now I have to store all these data on a SAN, and serve it through two
servers.
I read a lot of docs about this, and CTDB seems mandatory to prevent
locking, lack of consistency of my files and seems the way to go.
CTDB relies on a clustered filesystem and amongst the candidates, it
seems GFS2 is the one we'll choose.

Questions :
1 - Did I understand well the situation and the components involved?
2 - Is it possible to setup GFS2 with 2 servers using the same LUN?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot