[Samba] samba4 & ldap?

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Fri Nov 18 10:43:03 MST 2011

Greeting Adam,

Just to be sure, because this post is interesting for those who build
solution with Samba/OpenLDAP (like me who use it since 2004),

1. Samba4 don't support LDAP backend, but have is own LDAPv3 server?
(ref.: http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/FAQ)

2. It's possble to use Samba4 like a Domain Controller without any
Windows Server.

3. And if yes, will it be possible to extend the schema like with
OpenLDAP or AD? By example if I want to use it with other service like
mail server.

in short, will it be possible to continue using our solution, with the
incorporated Samb4 LDAP server and without any LDAP backend?

Thank

Robert