[Samba] Problem in reading a file using smbclient.

nishant mungse nishantmungse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 00:01:39 MST 2011

Hi,

Thnks 4 helping, I just thought that i am using wrong command, but still
there is problem using get command.

When I use get command to get file.
it gives this O/P

*Short read when getting file \nishant.txt. Only got 0 bytes.*

*And there are contents in this file, size is not zero.
*
And now I got another problem, when I  do get <filename>, I am getting the
file with zero size and when I write to that file using cat from my normal
terminal and use put <filename>,
I thought it would be reflected back to the file present on the share
folder, but the *"panic"* occurred.

Why is it so?

Thanks,
Nishant Mungse