[Samba] Slow login to Samba domain

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 15 04:10:34 MST 2011

Hi,

I have noticed that the Windows 7 machines that I have recently
installed and joined to our domain take about 40 seconds on average to
go from sign in to the desktop displaying. I can't find any
explanation for the delay. When the machine are in a work group they
login very quickly and the XP machines login at a normal rate. I have
searched and not found any articles that are relevant. Does anyone
else experience this? Does anyone have any tips on how to work out
what Windows 7 is doing during this time?

Thanks in advance,
Dermot