[Samba] passing ip address to pdf printing script?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 07:46:13 MST 2011

I have a samba printer entry that goes to script as follows

[pdf_printer]
       comment = Print to create PDF
       printing = LPRNG
       path = /tmp/
       printable = yes
       print command = /usr/local/bin/printpdf "%s" "%u" "%H" "%J"
       guest ok = yes

I was looking at the documentation and all I see are

   -

   *%s, %f* the path to the spool file name.
   -

   *%p* the appropriate printer name.
   -

   *%J* the job name as transmitted by the client.
   -

   *%c* the number of printed pages of the spooled job (if known).
   -

   *%z* the size of the spooled print job (in bytes).

as options. I want to know if there is a way to pass the ip of the computer
sending the print job to my script?

I'd like to have my script place the pdf back on their machines.