[Samba] Overlays syncrepl and smbk5pwd

Francesco Storti francesco.storti at ubiquity.it
Mon Nov 14 04:35:09 MST 2011

Hi,
I am using both syncrepl (for replication) and smbk5pwd (for password
synchronisation between samba and ldap account) overlays.
I have configured replication in the simplest way: a read-only producer
that forwards updates to the provider thought updateref.
If I change my password thought  passwd command on a client with pam
modules configured for gaining information from the provider everything
works fine (userPassword, sambaLMPassword and sambaNTPassword are
correctly syncronized).
Instead, if I change my password thought  passwd command on another
client with pam modules configured for gaining information from the
consumer only the userPassword is changed.
I do not understand why.
Has someone experimented the same problem?
Thank you in advance.