[Samba] remove machines from login list

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Fri Nov 11 11:23:10 MST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 3:06 AM, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
> add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d /var/lib/nobody -s
> /bin/false %m$
>
> The machine name (e.g. computer_1$) now appears in the kdm login list for
> Linux clients using kde4. This looks a mess and doesn't make sense.
>
> Can I add the machine without using 'useradd'? Or some other way to avoid
> this?

Not sure if this will help. I use the following script that's very similar:
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 'nofiles' -c
'Machine Account' -s /bin/false '%u'
I have a group named "nofiles" and the addition of "-g 'nofiles'" puts
all machines in their own group so their gid is different than that
that the users are in.
If KDE gets possible user login accounts from a particular gid this may help.

Chris