[Samba] Samba3 & ADMT, cannot migrate SIDs

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Nov 7 13:41:17 MST 2011

I'm attempting to migrate a Samba 3.x / NT domain to Active Directory.
I have a Windows 2003 SE host and ADMT.  I've established trusts between
the Samba 3 domain and the Windows 2003 AD domain.  I can use "User
Account Migration Wizard" up to the "Account Transition Options".  Then
of I check the option to Migrate SIDs it fails with -

"Could not verify auditing and TcpipClientSupport on domains." Will not
be able to migrate Sids. The system cannot find the file specified.

Is there something that can be done to enable SID migration from S3?