[Samba] Windows8

Jorell JorellF at fastmail.net
Tue Nov 1 05:15:06 MDT 2011

I have not looked into Windows 8 at all but my guess is it would be the
same thing as Windows 7.

Did you do the registry mod to Windows?
Is there a firewall running on the samba machine?
- Did you open up the required ports?
- Try disabling the firewall just to be completely sure that is not the
problem.
What domain are you trying to join i.e. "example.net" or "example"?
Have you checked the logs on the samba machine to see if an error pops up?
Have you read http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/ ?

With the information you have given I, along with anyone else, am making
a lot of assumptions. On top of that I have yet to have any experience
with Windows 8.