[Samba] Cannot authenticate new ldap users (unless they are in /etc/passwd too)

Sean Boran sean at boran.com
Wed May 25 14:49:45 MDT 2011

Hi,

@Gaiseric: Yes, I have option 2, the LDAP entries include UNIX account
details such as UID.
(I can for example, login via ssh with the ldap accounts: which shows that
the unix account details are ok and nss works)
Samba is somehow not seeing ldap unix accounts though.
I've also now noticed that it is not seeing the group membership in ldap
either, although "getent groups" and "id" show the groups.

@Takahashi: Log level 10 is interesting. But co-in cidentailly after
enabling it, and a a delay of one day, the logins are working fine, even if
the /etc/passwd entry is removed.

I'm going to have to do more tests, thanks for the tips though.

Sean