[Samba] Can I write to wondows folder

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:02:13 MDT 2011

I am not sure if the Administrators group is required on the PDC-  any
way it would be a group specific to the PDC.

Making domain users members of the "Domain Administrators" group should
have worked.   When an XP machine joins the domain , the "Domain Users"
group should be added automatically the the local Administrators group
on that PC-  and by extension those users will have local admin rights.

If you log into the PC as the domain Administrator, can you write into
C:\Windows?  Can you even create a local user account?   This would
verify that the domain Administrator really had local administrator
rights.  I had one issue after upgrading one of my domain controllers
where the group mapping wasn't working properly-  so on the Windows
systems using that DC,  any permissions assigned to Domain Admins or
Domain Users was didn't work since the users weren't seen in the groups.