[Samba] Winbind Trust -- grr

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:47:04 MDT 2011

It may be related to a caching issue.  Use testparm -v to check the
values for the following:

         idmap cache time
         winbind cache time

I had a problem with samba 3.0.x where idmap entries would populate for
users in a trusted domain- but after the cache time expired the cache
would not repopulate and I would "loose" the trusted users.
Increasing the cache time at least reduced how frequently I had to
delete the cache entries.    This is not a solution but may be will help
locate the problem.