[Samba] Winbind Trust -- grr

Aaron E. ssureshot at gmail.com
Wed May 25 10:16:19 MDT 2011

First, Thanks for any and all help!!!!

I can't seem to figure out what I need to do, I've been fighting this
for a month and am now beating my head off my desk with no solution to
be found. I've read others having this issue but they were all older
versions.. I am using 3.5.4,, Please read over and give me some input..

Every 7 days winbindd fails on the trust secret. The only way I can
figure to fix it is rejoin the domain.

My only solution I can think of is script and cron so the machine
rejoins the domain every 6 days on it's own..

I believe I'm forced to use winbind due to dansguardian using ntlm_auth.
Dansguardian cant use ldap connection.

Now My smb.conf is as follows on the squid server..
[global]
         workgroup = EXAMPLE
         netbios name = squid1
         server string = Squid1
         security = domain
         password server = netfiles1san, netfiles2san
	log level = 3
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         max log size = 0
         preferred master = False
         local master = No
         domain master = False
         dns proxy = No
;Winbind
	winbind refresh tickets = false
         winbind separator = /
         winbind enum users = yes
         winbind enum groups = yes
         winbind use default domain = yes
         idmap uid = 10000-20000
         idmap gid = 10000-20000

smb.conf on my DC relevent info is as follows
security = user
LDAP Backend
master

Possibly an issue with using domain on the squid server and user on the DC??