[Samba] The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

Andrew Spiers 7andrew at gmail.com
Tue May 24 01:38:32 MDT 2011

Thanks John, I had seen references to that, but I was sort of hoping
that we wouldn't have to do that because I saw a warning from
Microsoft indicating that this might be a security risk.

For anyone looking to do this,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154501 seems to indicate that you need to set
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters\DisablePasswordChange
to 1.

I might try and track our SambaPwdLastSet values for a bit longer to
see if any of these are automatically updating.