[Samba] Samba 3.5.8 - windows XP workstations disapear from browselist
bojleros at gmail.com
Mon May 23 01:09:54 MDT 2011
Since there is no clean solution for this I wrote simple perl script.
1. Load /etc/hosts
2. Use arping to check every ip from /etc/hosts (belonging to local
network) for presence.
3. If there is an arp response check this host by issuing smbclient.
4. If there is an smb response (even error response from server)
workstation gets added.
Results are visible two way:
1. There is an directory in /tmp (tmpfs) where script creates or remove
windows style links (lnk) to machines. Then this directory is shared by
smb so windows clients can map it as windows drive.
2. Script replaces original browse.dat . It creates and remove
workstation definitions from this file.
It is both : very simple and VERY unclean.
Thanks for everyone trying to help Me !
More information about the samba