[Samba] Win ME couln't login

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon May 16 08:31:25 MDT 2011

run testparm -v

You may need to make sure LANMAN authentication is enabled.  You may
also need to make sure that you have an LANMAN pw set for the user (this
should be a separate LDAP field from the NTLM password.)

Or better yet-  replace the machine on the assumption that  Windows ME
may not supported with current versions of samba.   Microsoft doesn't
support WIndows ME anymore.  I bet you would have problems accessing
current versions of Windows server.