[Samba] Access denied to samba server from win7 64bit behind a VPN

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:33:43 MDT 2011

Is this a client-to-site or site-to-site VPN?

Does "new view \\IP_ADDRESS_OF_SERVER" work?

I have one samba server (compiled from source) where Windows VPN clients
can't access it by name UNLESS using either WINS ior an lmhosts file is
configured.   packet sniffing showed the client connecting and an
initial response, but then the nothing else.   Clearly not a problem
with the clients which could  access every other samba or windows server
over the VPN.     Some Win machines were domain members, some weren't.