[Samba] Source for latest Samba builds packaged for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu May 12 06:24:04 MDT 2011

Greetings,

When Samba 3 first came out, I made use of the official Debian (Sarge) repository hosted at samba.org to get access to the very latest Samba builds.

Since switching to Ubuntu, I have sort of lost touch with latest Samba developments as I have not found an equivalent source for packages.

Currently I have a bug open against Samba on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid:

"Samba in Lucid upgrade killed Envelope Feeder on HP LJ4000 printer"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/709188

So that raises the desire to search for a source for Ubuntu packages so I may evaluate higher versions of Samba. The upgrade from 9.04 to 10.04 introduced this bug. My thought is trying Samba higher
than what 10.04 ships with might have resolved the problem.

Over the years I have heard of Ubuntu developers which host Samba repos in their PPA accounts. Is that the best source? If so, which one of the developers? A link please?

Thanks!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems