[Samba] Samba/ctdb on AIX 6.1

John P Janosik jpjanosi at us.ibm.com
Wed May 11 14:00:13 MDT 2011

I'm trying to test Samba 3.5.8 with ctdb on AIX 6.1 and running into some
issues.  I was able to get the latest ctdb code built with some small
changes and then get a working cluster, but without CTDB managing the
public IP addresses or Samba startup/shutdown.  The included event script
for managing interfaces is linux specific.  Is it possible to allow ctdb
to manage the public cluster IP addresses if I re-write the necessary
scripts to work on AIX.  Even better, is there anyone who has already done
this work and can share it?

Thanks,

John Janosik
jpjanosi at us.ibm.com