[Samba] [3.4.7] Right way to provide full access?

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Tue May 10 10:22:49 MDT 2011

From: Gilles <gilles.ganault at free.fr>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 17:40:54 +0200

> On Wed, 11 May 2011 00:33:39 +0900 (JST), TAKAHASHI Motonobu
> <monyo at monyo.com> wrote:
> >set "map to guest = Bad User" in [global] section.
> >For detail or other values, look at smb.conf(5) or other documents.
>
> Thanks but there are so many documents on the Net, a lot of them
> wrong/outdated, that I was hopping someone could point me to one that
> would show how to configure Samba/Linux for complete-access.

How do you understand "a lot of them wrong/outdated"?

For example, below config may be essentially what you want:

---
[global]
  map to guest = bad user

[share]
  path = /some/where
  writeable = yes
  guest ok = yes
---

But I strongly recommend that you understand what you are doing.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>