[Samba] Connecting to AD and OpenLDAP

Charles Weber chaweber at gmail.com
Wed May 4 09:08:59 MDT 2011

security = ADS
realm = REALM.COM
idmap backend =  ldap:ldap://ldap.realm.com
idmap uid = 15000-675000
idmap gid = 15000-675000

This does most but not all of what you want.
ldap provides sid mapping.
Issues are
idmap gid constantly increases if set to automatically map, doesn't sound like you need this.
other posix info, you would need to play with nsswitch and pam to see if you could make it work.

I am leaning to populating AD unix extensions and getting rid of LDAP myself.