[Samba] Mounting samba volume by IP fails trust in AD

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:22:54 MDT 2011

I have run into issues where by IP it worked, but not by name (this was
with one particular samba server, with VPN clients, with WINS and
Netbios not enabled over VPN.)   So it does seem possible that the
server handles requests based on name and IP differently.

Are all machines (samba, win 2003, clients) pointing to the same WINS
server?
Are all machines pointing to the same DNS server?
Is the AD DC the WINS and DNS server?

Does the AD domain name space match the DNS domain name space?

Does the samba server krb5.conf have entries for the AD DC?  (Not sure
if this is really necessary.)

In smb.conf, what is "name resolve order" set to?