[Samba] Can't join Windows 7 Pro/XP to samba PDC

Andres Tarallo atarallo at acm.org
Wed Mar 30 07:03:53 MDT 2011

Gerard:

Here is my smb.conf

[global]
      workgroup = ARAMDA
      map to guest = Bad User
      passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost
      log level = 3
      log file = /var/log/samba.log
      printcap name = cups
      add user script = ldapsmb -a -u "%u"
      delete user script = ldapsmb -d -u "%u"
      add group script = ldapsmb -a -g "%g"
      delete group script = ldapsmb -d -g "%g"
      add user to group script = ldapsmb -j -u "%u" -g "%g"
      delete user from group script = ldapsmb -j -u "%u" -g "%g"
      set primary group script = ldapsmb -m -u "%u" -gid "%g"
      add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -t 0 -g 1515 -w "%u"
      logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
      logon drive = Z:
      logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
      domain logons = Yes
      os level = 65
      preferred master = Yes
      domain master = Yes
      wins support = Yes
      ldap admin dn = cn=replicasamba,dc=aramda,dc=uy
      ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
      ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
      ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
      ldap passwd sync = yes
      ldap suffix = dc=aramda,dc=uy
      ldap ssl = no
      ldap user suffix = ou=People
      add share command = /var/lib/samba/scripts/modify_samba_config.pl
      delete share command = /var/lib/samba/scripts/modify_samba_config.pl
      usershare allow guests = Yes
      hosts allow = 127.0.0.1, 172.16.1.
      cups options = raw

I will test your suggestions.