[Samba] Roaming Profiles Configuration

Ryan Leimenstoll ryanl1245 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:06:01 MDT 2011

I tried Resara, but permissions still aren't honored. I can easily view and
edit other users files that are on the share, as well as change permissions.
Is it possible to have each roaming profile stored on the Homes share
accessible to only that user? Thanks

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Daniel Müller <mueller at tropenklinik.de>wrote:

> If you are talking about samba4!?  just use the microsoft ads tools to
> gave the user rights according to your needs.
> Or look for  http://www.resara.org
>
> Good luck
> Daniel
>

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:18:04 -0400, Ryan Leimenstoll <ryanl1245 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Now, I cannot access the share at all, I'd imagine because my samba4
> users
> > are not local users, but are stored in the Samba4 "Active Directory"
> > database. Is there anyway I can have Samba4 let each Samba user have his
> > own
> > files not viewable by others on a share? Thus
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Mark Shields <laebshade at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Like Windows Sharing, Samba sharing also requires appropriate local
> >> permissions; in other words, if you make each user's profile directory
> >> owned
> >> to that local user, and remove group/everyone access (chmod 700), you
> >> should
> >> get exactly what you want.
> >>

> >> - Mark Shields

Wouldn't that allow users to still access other files on the share from a
UNIX system or other machine not bound to the domain?