[Samba] Problem of: Trust relationship between 2 linux domains

bình lê thanh lethanhbinhcntt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 19:11:50 MDT 2011

Hi,

I've read John H Terpstra's discussion on Google Groups about Trust
Relationship between 2 linux domains.

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.samba/browse_thread/thread/61ca10be6b510910/472abfdb7bf62c34?lnk=gst&q=trust+relationship#472abfdb7bf62c34

Follow these instructions, i 've done but there were errors, can you help
me?

When I used WinXP, it listed 2 domains, but I can't log in the remote domain!
The error was:

THE SYSTEM CANNOT LOG YOU ON NOW BECAUSE THE DOMAIN DOM2 IS NOT AVAILABLE

I think the problem was when I typed on DOM1 command: "net rpc trustdom
establish dom2", the result was:

           "Enter DOM1$'s password:
           Could not connect to server DOM2LN
           Trust to domain DOM2 established"

(note: DOM2LN is the computername of DOM2 domain).

But the trusting and trusted domain were also showed in list command!

Thanks for your help in advance!

--
Lê Thanh Bình
AICT, HCMC, VietNam