[Samba] Build error with Samba 3.5.6

Stan.Pietkiewicz at statcan.gc.ca Stan.Pietkiewicz at statcan.gc.ca
Tue Mar 29 11:51:21 MDT 2011

Now I'm really puzzled....

elfdump shows both libintl_bindtextdomain and libintl_dgettext as being
valid symbols (global functions) in the .text segment in
/usr/local/lib/libintl.so.

The next part of the puzzle is from lib/security/pam_winbind.so (which
is where the build attempt with -lintl declared in the makefile fails)
from Sunfreeware's version 3.4.2 of Samba shows up as undefined in the
output from elfdump. Is there some magic
"ignore-this-error-because-it's-irrelevant" command line option or
undocumented feature for ld to go ahead with generating the .so file?

Thanks.....

Stan